Thursday, July 28, 2011

Grocery List

Hi, I have to say I cheated last night and had Steve pick up KFC for supper.  Us cooks like to  have a break every once in awhile. 

I bought a new camera and still trying to figure it out, I need my Aunt Becky or one of my camera smart cousins Lori, Katy or Lee here to teach me.  But I'm hoping I can rely on Steve or talk Christopher (my friend Linda's son) to come help me out this weekend.  I decided to give you a menu and grocery list for the week.  Get ready, because we are going to be cooking up some scrumptious eats!

Menu
Orange Pork with Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potato Pancakes
Bobo's Chocolate cake
My Mac and Cheese
Cajun Eggplant
BLT with Egg and Avocado
Stuffed Chicken with Black Beans and Corn
Spaghetti and Meatballs

Staples in the Kitchen:
Shortening
Olive Oil
Baking Soda
Baking Powder
Vanilla Extract
Cinnamon
Cajun Seasoning
Garlic salt
Salt & Pepper
Mayo
Self rising flour
Cumin Seasoning

Grocery List:
1 Orange
3 Sweet Potatoes
Cilantro
Basil
Oregano
1 Green, 1 Yellow, 1 Red Pepper
2 Onions (yellow or white)
2 Garlic Bulbs
1 Eggplant - on sale at Kroger's for .99 cents  lb.
Lettuce - whatever kind you like
2 Tomatoes
1 Avocado - on sale at Kroger's 4 for $5.00
2 cans Chicken Broth
1 jar Salsa of your choice
1 can Black Beans
1 can Whole Corn
Elbow noodles
Spaghetti noodles - on sale at Kroger's RONCO $1.00
Rice
28  oz. can Crushed Tomatoes
Pecans
Pancake Mix
1 lb. Hamburger meat - on sale at Kroger's Private Selection Angus Ground Chuck (80% lean) $3.49 lb.
Pork Loin - on sale at Kroger's $1.97 lb.
Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast - on sale at Kroger's $1.77 lb
2 lbs. Ground Turkey
1 package Bacon
1 package Breakfast Sausage
1 dozen eggs
Milk 1/2 gallon on sale at Kroger's $1.67
Feta Cheese
Cheddar Cheese - on sale at Kroger's KRAFT 5 - 8 oz. - 2 for $5.00
Hot Pepper Jack Cheese  - (you have your 2 cheeses for $5.00 now)
Velveeta Cheese
Ricotta Cheese
Butter - sticks
Self Rising Flour
Cocoa Powder
Buttermilk - (small)
1 box Powdered Sugar

Until next time, Be Sweet and Stay Sweet

1 comment:

  1. I've been going backwards reading your most recent posts first! I can't wait for the rest of the menu to be posted! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete