Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tailgating Beer Weenies

You have to have beer weenies for tailgating. These are so easy to make, and look only three ingredients. You can either cook them in the oven or throw them in your crock pot.

Beer Weenies
14 ounces beef smoked sausage
9 ounces Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet Onion Barbecue Sauce
1/2 can - 12 ounces beer

If your having lots of folks, you might want to double or triple this. If you have a Steve taster at home (like I do), then this is just enough for him, and me a couple of bites. ha! You can also use little smokies.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees, or low heat on crock pot.

Cut sausage in 1" slices.



Dump weenies, barbecue sauce, and  1/2 your beer in casserole dish. You do  not have to stir or anything. Plus you can drink the other half of your beer or give it to your mate. Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour in oven. If your using your crock pot, cook for 3 hours on low heat. When cooking with beer or any alcohol beverages, it cooks out the alcohol but gives it a great flavor. Or you could use O'Doul's non-alcohol beer.

Lets go watch some football.

Me with Steve, one of the biggest Hog fans ever!

Tomorrow your in for a treat "Turkey Burgers", you don't want to miss.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

5 comments:

  1. This looks great...i wish my college football team had tailgating in the parking lot..that's right..the Acadia Axemen has no tailgating parties...terrible...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Hogs! I am glad I found your recipe on here, I grew up in Arkansas and we always had beer weenies at the fball games..I haven't thought about them in years, but I decided to make my husband (not an AR native) some to try! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous,
    How did your husband like the beer weenies? Thank you for checking out my blog.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. My apologies for not responding sooner! We both thought they were great! Thanks again for posting your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like some fries with that ;-0

    ReplyDelete