Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Nurse Killer Bar-B-Que Quesadillas

Here's a little peek at my cookbook "Blind Ingredients".  Right now its with the editor.  I'm crossing my fingers, toes, legs and whatever else, that it will go through to publishing.  Pray and hope with me, that it does.   I was single for a long time and went on about 100 blind dates, RESEARCH ok.  haha  Take a look and let me know what you think.  It's a spin of my blind dates and recipes.  I hope you enjoy. 

NURSE KILLER BAR-B-QUE QUESADILLAS

1 medium size pork loin
1 jar bar-b-que sauce
flour tortillas
¼ cup chopped green chilies
2 cups mozzarella cheese

Cook pork loin in a crock-pot with bar-b-que sauce for eight hours. Shred meat and add a little more bar-b-que sauce. Layer meat, mozzarella cheese and green chilies on a flour tortilla and add a top tortilla. If you do not have a quesadilla machine (I suggest you get one). Then place in a black iron skillet; sprayed with Pam cooking spray. Cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes.


My second year after my divorce, my friend fixed me up on a blind date with a nurse she worked with. He picked me up and when I answered the door, I really didn’t want to open the door. There stood this little short man with John Lennon glasses, a yellow sweater that drowned out his color and a cherry red nose.  He took me to a local Mexican restaurant and it was like “When Harry Meet Sally”. Remember Megan Ryan’s character ordering everything to the side? My date ordered everything to the side and exchanged refried beans for black beans. After dinner we went to this cool piano bar, not like the ones they have now.  It was a small hole-in-the-wall place with a jazz singer and piano player.  We had to sit in the back corner and I kept noticing a man at the other table staring at us.  At first I thought he was looking at me, but come to find out it was my date he was looking at.  Needless to say, after about an hour I couldn’t take it anymore and said, “I need to get home to take the baby sitter home.”  In the car he wanted to show me his house.  I said, “I really don’t have the time, I was already running late.” He talked about how rich his family was all the houses they owned and all the trips they had taken in the U.S. and in Europe. That always turns me off, when someone brags about stuff. (BIG DOGGING). When we got to my house, I jumped out of the car and ran to the door before he could even get out of the car.  He told my friend I must have hated men.

A few years later, I saw him on the news.  An elderly woman was dying and on life support.  He gave her a shot to help her die faster. I’m not for sure if she actually died or not nor do I know his out-come from court.  I was just so thankful that at the time I must have hated men for a reason.

MORAL:  Trust your instincts. They are usually right.

I'm new at this, but so excited.  Pictures will be coming with recipes next time.

Be sweet and stay sweet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment