Thursday, May 31, 2012

Italian Hamburger Steak

Italian Hamburger Steak:
1 pound ground beef
leftover vegetables, drained from meatball stew
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt and black pepper

Mix all ingredients together, except feta cheese. Mix it well and form into about 2"x2" balls. Add olive oil to casserole dish.

Press down about 1 tablespoon of feta cheese on top. Add water and cover. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.

I served mine with purple hull peas and boiled okra. I could live on purple hull peas, boiled okra and tomatoes. One of my favorite meals. Plus, throw in some green onions. YUMMY to my TUMMY! This big fat meatballs turned out tasty. Its like a meal in one with all the veggies inside of them.

I know when I said Italian week, you were expecting pasta, but I took a different spin on things. I love to be able to make two to three meals with leftover ingredients.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment