Saturday, August 27, 2011

Crab Won tons & Stuffed Caribe Peppers - Surprise Guest Girls Night Out

Ya'll are in for a TREAT! I knew Paula Deen was coming, but I had no idea that she would be calling some of her celebrity friends to come. I was so "Star" struck, I could barely talk. They even brought their favorite dish. I can't wait to share the recipes with ya'll.

Let me introduce ya'll to everyone:

Paula Deen (Robin/Me)
Katy Perry (Jennifer)
Sarah Jessica Parker, from Hocus Pocus (Deborah)
Molly Ringwald, from Pretty in Pink (Stephanie)
Zhang Ziyi, from Memories of a Geisha (Dori)
Joan Jett (Linda)
Marilyn Monroe (Angela)

Whoopi Goldberg (Kelly)
Amy Winehouse (Candi)


Each day I'll be posting their recipes, so you can have a celebrity favorite. I'll start out with the appetizers and work my way to the desserts.

First, I'll be giving you Paula's aka Robin, you know she is my favorite. We have so much in common. Both southern ladies, love to cook, love to eat, and love butter. I hope one day I can meet her in person. Steve honey, we need to plan a vacation to Georgia. hint hint!


Crab Won tons: makes 24
1-16 ounce package of cream cheese
2- 5 ounce can crab meat, drained
2 tablespoons minced onions
24 won ton wrappers
1 cup Wesson oil

Sauce:
1 cup plum jam (or your favorite)
2 tablespoons soy sauce

In microwave safe bowl, soften cream cheese. Drain crab meat, and add cream cheese, and onions. Mix all together.



Place 1 tablespoon in the middle of the won ton wrapper. Fold into triangular shape.

Get a little water bowl and moisten your finger tips to seal the edges.


Place on wax paper. Repeat until you used all the crab mixture. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Heat oil in large skillet, medium heat. This doesn't take long to fry them up. Only a few seconds on each side. Place on dry paper towel, to drain. Repeat until all are done.

In sauce pan, mix jam and soy sauce. Cook until jam has melted. Serve with won tons. ASAP!



Here's the next one.

Stuffed Yellow Caribe Chili Peppers:
16 caribe chili peppers
1 pound pork loin, cooked and put in food processor
2- 8 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces dates, chopped
1 cup pecans, chopped
16 - slices bacon

Sauce:
11.5 ounce jar fig jam
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Salt and pepper pork loin. Rub fig jam all over. Place in covered dish, and cook for 2.5 hours. I did this the night before. Store in refrigerator, covered.


Cut pork into pieces, and add to food processor. Pulse until chopped finely.




Cut pepper lengthwise, and remove seeds. Set aside.


In mixing bowl, mix together pork, dates, pecans, and cream cheese.

Stuff your pepper with mixture, and wrap bacon around. Use a toothpick to keep it together.



In sauce pan, over medium heat, combine fig jam and balsamic vinegar. Cook until jam has melted. Set aside.

Spray cookie sheet with Pam cooking spray, and lay out your peppers. Drizzle with jam sauce. Be sure to save a cup, in case someone wants a little more, for dipping.


Bake in oven for one hour. Serve!


If the real Paula Dean, Bobby Flay, The Neely's and Curtis Stone, would of showed up, I probably would of fainted, and missed the whole party. But, I'm sure Curtis Stone would of revived me. ha! (sorry honey-Steve) Then I could of partied with all my foodies.

Come back tomorrow for more celebrity guest recipes.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

Robin

1 comment:

  1. both of these recipes sound SOOOO GOOD, especially the stuffed peppers! I am definitely going to try those!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete