Friday, August 12, 2011

Stuffed Chicken

I have a little Johnny joke for you today:


PRAYERS 
THE SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER ASKED, "NOW, JOHNNY, TELL ME, DO YOU SAY PRAYERS BEFORE EATING?" "NO SIR," HE REPLIED, "WE DON'T HAVE TO, MY MOM IS A GOOD COOK!" 

I loved that! Funny story to tell. I love to can fresh food, jams and etc., even made Natalie's baby food from scratch. But, one time I made Hamburger Helper, cheeseburger mix, she was like MOM, this is so good! 
We're not having hamburger helper tonight.  I made stuffed chicken and mix veggies. She really loved it. Being in college, home cooked meals are a treat.
 My Baby Girl
Stuffed Chicken:
4 chicken breast
1 red pepper, cut into strips
1/2 onion, cut into strips
1 cup feta cheese
4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Cajun seasoning, to sprinkle

3 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and brown red pepper and onion.
Cut chicken breast lengthwise, to make a pocket, about 1 1/2" deep.
Stuff each chicken breast, with pepper and onion mix.  Add feta cheese and 1 tablespoon of basil to each chicken breast. Insert toothpick to keep it together. Sprinkle Cajun seasoning on both sides. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to your casserole dish or skillet that can go into the oven.

Cover with lid or foil, and bake for one hour.
Stuffed Chicken

Doesn't she look so sweet?
It's Natalie's long weekend, I will be posting lots of pictures old and new of her. I'm a proud momma, and I love to brag. 
Natalie the flower girl and me the bridesmaid at my friend Kelly's wedding. Isn't Natalie just adorable?

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet! Come back tomorrow for enchiladas and Natalie's avocado, mango and crab dip.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! Live the pictures of Natalie! She was the cutest flower girl ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy! I hope you and Nat are enjoying your visit!

    ReplyDelete