Friday, March 2, 2012

Grocery List - Veggie Lover's Week




Veggie Lover's Week


I have to say, I enjoyed this week. I love vegetables, but also love my  meats. So it made it a challenging week for me to come up with different recipes. In the summer, I love a good ole vegetable meal with cornbread. But.... I knew I need to come up with something a little different than that this week. I hope you enjoy. I loved every recipe I came up with and will be adding them to my recipe box.

Butternut Squash Fries
1 butternut squash
chili powder
brown sugar
olive oil

Hummus, Quinoa Tabbouleh Layered Dip
2- 14 ounce can chick peas
tahini
2 lemons
salt
garlic
olive oil
paprika
cumin
Quinoa
tomato
cucumber
green onions
Greek yogurt
mixed colored bell peppers
celery
pita bread

Veggie Cheese Soup
cheddar cheese
12 ounce frozen soup vegetables
onion
mushrooms
16 ounce chicken broth
olive oil

Veggie Quiche
8 eggs
buttermilk
spinach
onion
grape tomatoes
pie crust
olive oil
salt and black pepper

Veggie Lasagna
eggplant
onion
mushrooms
fresh spinach
squash
zucchini
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I love Mur-Glenn)
15 ounce ricotta cheese
mozzarella cheese
garlic salt
black pepper
olive oil

Robin's Veggie Grill Cheese Sandwich
rye bread
Havarti cheese
Gruyere cheese
honey mustard
tomato
fresh spinach

Go stock up on your veggies this week, so we can cook up some delicious eats! I have to say, I dedicate this week to my vegetarian friends Jack and his wife Ann.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment