Wednesday, March 28, 2012

United Kingdom Chicken

Okay, ya'll I have to admit, I didn't follow the directions correctly. I got a little ahead of myself. I'm going to blame my glasses - I need new ones so bad. It's pretty bad when I can't find my glasses in the morning, because I can't see them. Maybe I need to get some glow in the dark ones or neon colored ones. HA! I have that on my to do list.

United Kingdom Chicken
1 lemon, juiced
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 teaspoon turmeric
3 teaspoons cumin
1 handful fresh mint, finely chopped
3 large chicken breast
3/4 cup plain yogurt
cilantro, chopped for garnish

Place all ingredients in food processor, except chicken, yogurt, and cilantro. (this is where I messed up - I put the yogurt in processor to). Process to a paste. Rub mixture over chicken and marinate for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.

Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. Drain juices from baking dish and place into a pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce to 1 cup. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt. Place chicken on platter, pour yogurt sauce over and sprinkle with cilantro. The only thing I did in this paragraph was sprinkle the cilantro.

It still turned out tasty, even though I did mess up on the directions.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment