Thursday, March 29, 2012

Nigerian Chicken Stew

I loved this! So simple, very few ingredients and tasty.

Nigerian Chicken Stew
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
15 ounce can diced tomatoes with herbs (I used a basil, garlic one)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 big garlic clove, finely chopped
1 medium jalapeno, sliced thinly
2 cups cooked rice (optional)

I actually ate mine with a tortilla. But they say to serve it over rice. I didn't realize how many different countries use rice so much. No problem, because I love rice.

Season chicken with salt and black pepper.

In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onions; saute for about 2 minutes. Add chicken and brown.

Add diced tomatoes and jalapeno; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer, for about 30 minutes.

I put this on, then went for a 30 minute walk. Came back and dinner was done. This one is a keeper. By the way, my diet is not going so well. I have to admit, I have cut back on my portions, and I only walk maybe twice a week. Hey, that's better than nothing at all. Right?

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment