Saturday, December 3, 2011

Crock Pot Cocoa Chili

During the Christmas season, I work during the weekends decorating other people's houses and business's. The crock pot saves me, I can put it all together before I walk out the door, then when I come home exhausted dinner is ready. I'm trying something different this time with my chili. I've always heard of chocolate chili, Chicago style chili, so I'm coming up with Robin's version of cocoa chili.


Crock Pot Cocoa Chili
1 pound ground pork
1 pound ground beef
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 can red kidney beans
1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes

Spices
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon basil
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 cup Hersey's cocoa powder
1/4 cup brown sugar

Brown both meats with your chopped onion and minced garlic.

While your meat is browning, mix all your spices together in small bowl.



After your meat has browned mix in your spices.
Stir together and pour in crock pot; adding your beans and crushed tomatoes. Do one quick stir, mixing it all together and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.

The longer it cooks, the more of the flavors marinate into this yummy sensation.
I served it with a dip of sour cream, sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese, and a cheesy cornbread stick.
Don't you just love my Santa? I'll probably be displaying a lot of them during Christmas time.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment