Saturday, December 17, 2011

Monkey Bread

Monkey Bread
3 cans biscuits
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 stick butter, melted
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray your bundt pan with Pam cooking spray.

Mix sugar and cinnamon, set aside.

 Cut biscuits in fourths. Dip biscuit in butter then roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture.

Put in pan; repeating half of your biscuits. Sprinkle pecans and chips; then  repeat with biscuits.



 Pour your remaining butter on top and cook for 30 minutes.


This is tradition, at my house on Christmas morning. Natalie will get up, check out what Santa brought; then we would eat monkey bread. I think sometimes I was more excited than Natalie and would go wake her up to see what Santa brought. When she was younger, I would have the hardest time getting her to sleep, so I could go play Mrs. Claus.

I'll never forget, one year driving back from Star City, Natalie said, "What's Mrs. Claus bringing me this year?" I replied, you have to believe if  you want Santa to come.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment