Friday, December 16, 2011

Looks a lot like Christmas... and Grocery List - December 16, 2011

My front door, come on in and check out the grocery list this week. You have to have Santa and his reindeer's something to eat, when they drop by.
This is your grocery list through December 25th. Due to the holidays, I'm changing it up a bit. I have some great New Years dishes, for after Christmas. One I call, Lucky "Greens" Pork Loin and it turned out FABULOUS!!!

Some of these recipes are great to serve Christmas morning, while the kiddo's are checking out what Santa brought them. Then we have a couple of recipes that are great for Christmas Eve dinners or if your just sick of Christmas food and want something different to eat. Both of these recipes are inserts from my book Blind Ingredients. So, you'll have a funny little dating story to read with the recipe. Also, a cheese ball that is every ones favorite, and can't leave out Santa's cupcakes and something  for the reindeer's.

Grocery List

Monkey Bread
3 cans biscuits
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 stick butter, melted
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Mini Cinnamon Rolls
1 Pillsbury pizza dough (by the biscuits at the store)
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 can sweet condensed milk


Sausage Roll
1 package of pork sausage
1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crumbled
1 egg
2 teaspoons Cajun seasonings
Whipped cream cheese

Red Velvet Cupcakes
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons cocoa
4 tablespoons red food coloring
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup butter milk
2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar


Frosting:
1- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut


BEEF ENCHILADA CASSEROLE

(Serves 4 to 6)


1 pound hamburger meat, browned and drained
Velveeta cheese, 8 slices
1/2 chopped onion
4 ounce chopped black olives
2 to 3 chopped green onions for garnish
1 10.75-ounce can of enchilada sauce
2 10.75-ounces can of cream of mushroom soup
Flour tortillas


Manicotti
(Serves 4 to 6)
1 package breakfast sausage
1 box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 jar of spaghetti sauce, I prefer Mur-Glenn in the organic section.
16-ounce ricotta cheese
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon salt and pepper
1 egg
1 package manicotti noodles






Reindeer food
Oatmeal
Sugar
Green or red decoration crystals (baking section)


Santa's cupcakes
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 stick butter
4 eggs
8 ounce cream cheese
1 pound powdered sugar
Vanilla extract

Bobo's Cheese Ball
Accent salt
3 - 8 ounce cream cheese
1 jar dry beef
green onions

I absolutely love Christmas time. I'm literally like a little kid, love the Christmas movies, songs, shopping for the right gift, the food, you name it; if it has something to do about Christmas I love it. Here's a few pictures of my house decorations.

Den - my favorite room, its so whimsical. Natalie knows how much I love Christmas and has given me all of these decorations over the years.



Fireplace - wreath with my beloved Santa fairy and every ones stockings.


Dining room - I never mix Nativity scenes or angels with my Santa's. So this is my heavenly room.


My table is very plain and simple this year. Usually I have so much on there, you can barely sit to eat.

Kitchen table and my favorite kitchen tree. It has all homemade ornaments Natalie made me when she was younger.


Natalie's room, I surprised her last year with her own tree. I decorated with all the ornaments I've given her over the years. I started it when she was a baby, giving her an ornament. That way when she gets out on her own, she'll have her own set.

Bathroom, yes I decorate my bathroom and love it. It's kind of Nola theme this year.
Living room.


Can you tell I love me some CHRISTMAS!

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment