Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Manicotti



This would be great for Christmas Eve dinner. Also, this is an insert of my cookbook "Blind Ingredients", still looking for an agent. But, I'm not giving up.

SAUSAGE/SPINACH MAN-I-COTTIES IN THE PURPLE VELVET BLAZER

(Serves 4 to 6)
1 package breakfast sausage
1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
1 jar of spaghetti sauce, I prefer Mur-Glenn in the organic section.
16-ounce ricotta cheese
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon salt and pepper
1 egg
1 package manicotti noodles


Boil noodles, drain and set aside to cool.


Crumble sausage and brown then drain. Add fresh spinach until softened.


Add salt, pepper, garlic and Italian seasoning to meat. Pour in mixing bowl and add spinach, ricotta cheese and egg.

Mix all together and then spoon in the noodles.

Place noodles in a casserole dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over noodles and top with cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. I had leftover filling, so I mixed it in with my spaghetti sauce.




Mr. Sausage fingers:
A mother from my daughter’s school fixed me up with a guy. He called me, and the first thing he asked me was what I looked like. Does that sound familiar? My famous line when a guy asks me that is “350 pounds and full of love.” He laughed, and then asked what I like to do. I said, “All you can eat buffet.” They all love my personality. Then I said we should meet for a drink (never meet for dinner because you could be stuck too long) and then I told him what color I would be wearing.

So I arrive at this place to meet Mr. Sausage Fingers, also known as Age Spot Head, and OLD enough to be my father. I walked in and was saying to myself, “Please don’t be that old man!” Low and behold, it was the old man in the purple velveteen blazer, balding on top with age spots the size of a quarter, wrinkled skin, fat sausage fingers, and standing up staring and smiling at me. Of course I looked good to him; I could have been his daughter. Needless to say, I had a drink, talked and made my excuse to leave. He told the mother that fixed us up that I must hate men. I told her that if I wanted to date someone my dad’s age, I would let him fix me up.  She said, “But, he’s rich.” Money isn’t everything; you have to have some attraction.

Now, remember the low-rider Mexican dip guy? I met both of these men one week apart at the same restaurant, in the bar area. I told my friends that the bartender and waitress were going to think I was a hooker. First I was with this old man and the next week I was with someone young enough to be my child. I had to stop going there, and you know, that’s been about five years ago, and I still haven’t been back.

MORAL:  Always ask their age before you go out with them.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment