Monday, December 26, 2011

New Years Grocery List

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I sure did, but I have to say, I'm looking forward to the new year. I have some changes coming up in my life, and I'm getting excited. I'll have to share them with you later.

Okay ya'll, I have to toot my own horn on this one, but the Lucky "Greens" pork loin is so yummy. I did a test run on it last month and I'm so excited to be cooking it again. Also, Sunny Jo's, my niece, has Spinach Hog recipe this week that you don't want to miss.

Let's get to the store and get to cooking.

Spinach Hog
6 pork loin cutlets
4 ounce cream cheese
1 cup fresh chopped spinach
one garlic, minced
1/3 cup chopped pecans
Teriyaki Pineapple marinade
6 strips of bacon

Muffin Cheesecakes
20 paper muffin cups
2- 8 ounce cream cheese
1 can cherry pie filling or blueberry
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
20 vanilla wafers

Chocolate Pie
2 tablespoons coco powder
dash of salt
3/4 cups sugar
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 egg yolks (save the whites)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups milk
1 baked pie crust

Easy Barbecue Crock Pot Pork
1 1/2 pound pork loin
12 ounce barbecue sauce, use your favorite
Cole Slaw
1/2 head of cabbage chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup chopped fine onion
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup Miracle Whip
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt

Lucky "Greens" Pork Loin
3 pound pork loin
1 bunch turnip greens
1/4 chopped onion
2 leeks, chopped (white part only)
3 strips bacon
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup mushrooms
6 tablespoons fig jam
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt and black pepper

Lucky New Years Black-Eye Peas
1 pound black-eye peas, soaked and cooked
2 cans vegetable broth
1/2 chopped onion
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
10 ounce Rotel
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
16 ounce smoked sausage, sliced
2 cups shredded cabbage
leftover ham or ham bone (you don't have to use this, but good if you have it leftover)


Chocolate Pecan Pie
3 large eggs
1 cup lite Karo syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 pie crust

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment