Monday, December 12, 2011

Mexican Food Basket

We're making salsa today and  a Mexican gift basket. These are great for friends, teachers or anyone as a gift. I'm hosting a December birthday dinner. My husband Steve, friends Kelly, Linda, and Tom all have birthdays this month. So my baskets are going out to the girls. Linda loves Mexican food and salsa, and Kelly loves Italian. I'm making some extra to serve and smaller jars for party favors to the other guest.

Mexican Food Basket
Salsa
3 - 28 ounce crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup white vinegar
salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic salt
jalapeno peppers, to your tasting - I like to use red pepper and jalapeno peppers
1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil

Saute your onions in the olive oil, then add the rest in. Cook on simmer for 1 hour, so the flavors  will marry.

Buy a big mixing bowl, Christmas hand towel, small candle, hot sauce, Mexican spice, and add a few fresh jalapenos, oh and your salsa - wrap it up.

Ready for your funny treat? Check this out. This was my test video. I have another video of me making the salsa, but having problems downloading it. So, you get the test one.









Thank you Candi for being my camera lady, just wish you would of told me to go brush my hair. ha!

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment