Friday, December 23, 2011

Enchilada Casserole


I WILL NOT BE BROKEN BEEF ENCHILADA CASSEROLE

(Serves 4 to 6)

1 to 2  pounds hamburger meat, browned and drained
Velveeta cheese, about 20 slices
1/2 chopped onion
4 ounce chopped black olives
2 to 3 chopped green onions for garnish
1 10.75-ounce can of enchilada sauce
2 10.75-ounce can of cream of mushroom soup
Flour tortillas


Brown and drain hamburger meat with onions.
Add the enchilada sauce and mushroom soup, stirring until heated.

In a 9x13 casserole dish, tear tortillas and cover the bottom of the dish.


Pour ½ of the hamburger mixture over the tortillas and top with slices of Velveeta cheese.

Repeat another layer, adding black olives on top, and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Garnish with sour cream and green onions.

Laura:

My good friend Laura gave me this recipe back in high school. We cooked this all the time at our bunking parties. A few years ago, she took me to see Bonnie Raitt. We had seats in the fourth row, and even Bonnie herself said, “The girls down front are having a good time.” We did. I fell in love with the song “I Will Not Be Broken”. I had to get the CD right away. It’s my theme song now – I will not let a man break me.

This is another insert from "Blind Ingredients". This was my theme song until I met  my wonderful Steve. His birthday is this month, and so is two of my very good friends. I served this at the birthday celebration party.  Its fast, easy and so good.
Happy Christmas Eve Eve...I'm starting to get excited.
Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment