Thursday, December 15, 2011

Strawberry Bread

I like banana bread, but I love me some strawberry bread. You can use 3 mashed bananas if you prefer bananas. The strawberries make it festive and more like Christmas to me. Maybe because strawberries are red, and when I think of the color red; I think Christmas. This is great to give neighbors, family members or friends.

I use 3 small bread pans, but this will make one large.

Strawberry Bread
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 stick butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup strawberries, mashed - I use frozen

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease your bread loaf pan.

Mix melted butter and eggs.
Mix in flour, sugar, and vanilla. Defrost strawberries in microwave for 2 minutes; with potato masher, mash them up. Pouring in flour mixture. Stir, then stir in pecans.

Pour into bread pans.
Bake for 45 minutes to one hour. Let the pans cool for about 15 minutes before dumping them out. This recipe would be great for Christmas morning.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment