Sunday, April 8, 2012

Robinism - Easter

Robinism:

Yesterday, I told the story of Jesus Resurrection. Today, I'm going to tell you a little about me and why God is so HUGE for me.

My life hasn't been an easy one. I've overcome a rape in high school, an abusive 1st marriage, single mother raising her precious baby girl, and now to a new job I've just started. Yes, I was a little party girl back in my in my younger days. I've got so many stories that I'm not proud of. Trust me I had and still do have some issues. I think that is why Easter is so Huge for me. All I had to do is ask God to forgive me of my sins and He did, just like that. Even when I was a child, and did something wrong; I punished myself more than my parents did. Talk about having a heavy conscious, it would weigh heavy on me. Thank goodness for my mom, she is this amazing Christian woman; that never judges people. She always told me, "you can find at least one good thing in every person, even if its their teeth are so pretty." ha! She taught me so much more than that, but the love she has for God, shows in her eyes and I strive to have eyes like that to. It was easy for me to accept Christ as my Savior, because my parents loved me unconditionally to. They didn't hold anything against, because of that love. That's how Jesus's love is.

I read a book years ago, called "Redeeming Love", it opened my eyes and helped me to forgive myself and to feel worthy again of God's love and everyone around me.

I've worked in my family business for over twenty years, and just last month, we closed the doors down. I can't tell you how blessed I was to be able to work with my parents all these years. Especially, being single, I got to take off when my child was sick or she came to work with me. A little off the subject, but we have her growth chart at work, my dad would measure her height and date it, every time she came to work. I tried to take a picture but I never could get a good one. I've worked with some of these men for years and when I had to hand out their last paycheck, I teared up. It was like we were one big family, bonds had been made over the years. When I first found out we were closing down, I will admit, I cried and was so depressed. I started praying immediately about where and what God wanted me to do. I thought here I am at 47 years old and starting my career life over. I was afraid of the unknown. Never been good at that one. I went on three interviews, one I walked out of - hee hee, and the other two I didn't get. I thought, well maybe I'm suppose to take off awhile. Then my Great Aunt got  sick (I take care of her), well... I take her food and to the doctors. She's 85 years old and spunky little thing. She's been more like a grandmother to me. Any-woo...I got of the subject there. I thought maybe I'm suppose to take care of her. In the meantime I kept  praying for God's will in my life. Remember my new years resolution? I'm tired of messing up my life with wrong decision and choices. I surrendered my life over to God and want to do His will.

Now get this....my sister was on Facebook and saw a job; called me and said are you friends with this person? Long story short, I sent my resume to this person. Guess what, God blessed me with that job. Here I've been all scared and all I had to do was to wait for His timing. He knew right were I was suppose to be.

I know this is all so random and I've gone all over the place with this. But, my point is, why Easter is so important to me. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. No matter what comes my way, I know God is there for me, all I have to do is trust Him and have faith. I can't imagine my life without God in it. Its so hard for me to put in words everything He has done for me or even how to describe it. Think about the happiest moment in your life or the things that make you happy. For instant, mine is when I gave birth to Natalie and being a mom, or either at the lake, beach or a field of flowers. The sound of water, the smell of the ocean, or the scent of the flowers; those things bring a smile across my face, the feeling of safety, and joy into my life. That's how God makes me feel.

Well, Ya'll that's my Robinism for the day. Come back tomorrow for Beach food week. I have some yummy simple recipes and pictures of Natalie and I on our Mother/Daughter trip to the beach.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment