Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blueberry Cobbler




Blueberry Cobbler

I'm headed to Star City, AR, to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary. I'm in charge of the blueberry cobbler. I have to tell you, I love my parents, and so blessed to have them. They have the type marriage everybody wants. My daddy was my mom's first and only boyfriend. She knew right from the beginning, he was her "Mr. Right", and had all the right qualities she wanted in a husband. My dad knew he had the best woman around. Their love has grown stronger and stronger each year. They are each others best friend. God says in the bible, when you marry, you become one. WOW! what an example they have set for me, my sister, and our families. 

At Thanksgiving, we go around and say one thing we're thankful for. I have to say, I'm thankful for the Godly parents and the example they have set for me and our family.


Momma & Daddy
50th Anniversary

Blueberry Cobbler

Serves 10 to 12

6 cups blueberries
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 sticks of butter, melted
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Pam cooking spray
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 pan with Pam cooking spray.

Take blueberries and add 1/2 cup of sugar. Put in sauce pan, and with potato masher, mash blueberries. (you don't have to mash them all, leave some whole.) Cook on medium heat.  Reserve 1 cup.

In bowl, melt butter in microwave. Pour in 9x13 pan.


Mix flour, sugar and milk.
Pour over butter. Now don't worry, the butter will come over it.

Now pour your blueberries all around.

In separate bowl mix brown sugar and cinnamon together, and sprinkle on top.



Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Return your reserved blueberries to sauce pan. Cook on low heat, and add 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. When your cobbler is finished cooking, pour on top. Don't forget the vanilla ice-cream to serve with it.



Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!





1 comment:

  1. I'll definitely be trying this one! Vaughan would love it!

    ReplyDelete