Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Peek-A-Boo "Blind Ingredients", Two Timing, Six-Layer Salad

TWO TIMING, SIX-LAYER SALAD
(My mom used to make this, and it is one of my favorite salads)

1 bag fresh spinach
15-oz baby English peas, drained
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 chopped green onions
1 cup Miracle Whip
1 jar bacon bits or fry 4 strips of bacon and crumble

In a salad bowl, layer spinach, topped with peas, then onions. Spread Miracle Whip over top and add cheese and bacon.



My neighbor and friend from my old neighborhood fixed me up with a friend of the guy she was seeing. We went out to eat, dancing, and he even took me to the lake. We had a blast! It was nothing serious, but he was calling me all the time and we had dated for about 2 weeks. He told me he was going to Florida with his friend, and he would call.

That Sunday, in Sunday school, a girl I knew was sitting with her friend in front of me. The friend was gorgeous and seemed down-to-earth. When class started, and prayer requests were taken, she put her boyfriend and his friend down for safe travels to and from Florida. I leaned up and said, “is your boyfriend’s friend named so and so?” She said yes with a big beautiful smile.  I told her my friend that lived across the street dated her boyfriends’ friend. She knew my friend and said she loved her. Believe me, God does work in mysterious ways.


MORAL: Always find out if they are married or dating someone before you agree to go out with them.


Stay Sweet and Be Sweet!

1 comment: