Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lasagna - Three Cheeses - Three Stacks


Lasagna - Three Cheese and Three Stacks:
Meatballs:
2 pounds hamburger meat - (I usually use ground turkey, but there has been a recall)
1 pound Italian sausage
2 cups bread crumbs
1 egg
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup minced onions

Sauce:
2- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup minced onions
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup fresh oregano chopped
1 teaspoon salt and pepper

1 whole Rotisserie Chicken - shredded

1 carton ricotta cheese
1 small bag fresh spinach

olive oil
 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
 2 cups Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Mix all the ingredients for the meatball. Add one tablespoon of  olive oil to baking pan, and form your meatballs, almost tennis ball size. (I also, have this recipe in Singing Spaghetti and Meatballs) Cook for 1 1/2 hours, covered.

Shred your chicken into bite size pieces.

Saute fresh spinach with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, until wilted. Mix in ricotta cheese and stir.

Boil lasagna noodles and drain.

Ready to stack your lasagna?

Layer your lasagna noodles in the bottom of your casserole dish, then add shredded chicken. Top with 2 cups of your spaghetti sauce, and add another layer of your noodles. Top with spinach, ricotta cheese mixture, adding another layer of noodles. Slice meatballs and add to top, pouring  the remaining spaghetti sauce on top. Now you add 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese, and 2 cups of Parmesan cheese. 

Bake for 45 minutes covered.  Now your ready to serve. I have to say I like the ground turkey better in my meatballs. The turkey makes them more moist.

Natalie & I

We had a great weekend together. She lives seven hours away, so its always a treat when I get to spend time with her. I have to say, even though this is her fourth year, I still get a little sad when she goes back. I know I have to let her go and grow her own wings, but its hard! I'll be going to visit her in October, so maybe I can come up with some new Cajun recipes.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

1 comment:

  1. yummy!!! will be trying this one out!

    ReplyDelete