Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Friend Kelly's Favorite Chicken Pasta

I got this recipe years ago, out of a "Junior League of Little Rock, AR" cookbook.  Its one of my family favorites. I shared it with my friend Kelly and now its one of her family favorites.  Every time her son DJ comes home, this is what he wants. 

Kelly and I go way back, she's actually my first friend when I moved to Little Rock.  We worked together at Eurobody tanning salon. (back in the day, you could lay in the tanning bed for one hour)  Yes, we both probably do have damaged skin, but we still love to have a tan. Oh goodness, we've been friends for over twenty-five years, and she's my soul sista.  She has to be the most positive, uplifting person I know, and so much fun to be around. We've shared so many laughs, tears and secrets together. So many stories to tell about us, and I'm sure I'll be sharing more of them.

#1 story:  Oprah and Gayle

We had  planned on going to the Oprah show on our 50th birthday, but not happening now. Our plan was to go to the Christmas give away show and rack up on some goodies. We would of settled for any show, just to say we went to the Oprah show. Now that the Oprah show is over, we have to come up something new. Maybe we can go to the new "Gayle" show on OWN.  We kid around and say we are just like Oprah and Gayle.  I guess if I had one wish for everyone in the world, it would be they could find a friend like my Kelly.

Robin & Kelly
aka
Oprah & Gayle

My Friend Kelly's Favorite Chicken Pasta:

4 chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
10 strips bacon, fried and crumbled
3 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup parmsean cheese

Boil your pasta and set aside.

In large skillet, fry bacon and set aside.  Add your chicken bites and brown, and add your garlic when its just about done. 

Pour heavy whipping cream and turn on high until it starts to boil. Then turn heat to simmer and add parmesean cheese.  Stirring constantly until thickened.
Add pasta and crumbled bacon on top. 

Serve it up and it will become one of your family's favorites to.

Stay Sweet and Be Sweet!

1 comment: