Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Robinism and BLT with a Twist

Boy did I have a Robinism type of day yesterday.  First, I spelled macaroni wrong on my blog.  Hello Robin, get another cup of coffee, turn on spell check or grab the dictionary.  I have to laugh at myself.  Have you heard Shirley Maclaine's quote?

A person who knows how to laugh at himself/herself will never cease to be amused. 

That sure does describe me.  I sometimes have my own language, Steve calls it "Robinism".  One night we had friends over for dinner, I was talking and said to one of my friends, "you ole 49er".  Everyone fell out laughing.  The thing is, she had gone to school in the zip code 72209, they are called 09ers.  I will assure you that I will have more Robinism's, so when you see them, just laugh with me. 

Okay, let me finish my day, next I fell asleep and missed the part of the best diet, on Dr. Oz.  Believe me, I needed to hear that one.  So this afternoon, maybe I can go on his website and see what it was.  Next I started Steve's favorite BLT with a twist, grabbed my avocado and it was rotten.  We still had a BLT without an avocado and you'll get the recipe in a bit.  My day is not over yet.

When I woke up yesterday morning, it was like Santa Claus came to visit me on August 1st.  I had a new Blackberry phone on the kitchen table, that Steve had gotten me.  People, I've had a slider phone for years, remember those?

When I got home, Steve had charged up my new phone.  I take the sim card out of my old one and stick it in the new one.  Nothing, could not get it to turn on.  I read up on the book, nothing.  So I put the sim card back in my old phone and nothing.  Dead as a door nail.  So, I'm phone less and looks like I'll be going to AT&T this afternoon. 

Now for the good part of my day.  Natalie, my daughter, called she's coming home next week for a visit.  I'm so excited.  Talk about some good recipe to come.  I love to cook, but when my baby girl comes home, I really love cooking for her.

Wait, I have one more good part.  My friend, Millie comes over and brings me a sack of beach sand.
How sweet is that?  She knew I didn't get to go to the beloved beach this year, so she brings me some back.  This afternoon, after my trip to AT&T, I will pour it in the box, stick my feet in it and pretend I'm at the beach. I'll have the sun part, but I will have to turn on the fan, so it will feel like the ocean breeze.  "Sand for Birdie", she nicknamed me Birdie years ago. That's another story, another time.

Ready for BLT with a Twist?
Bacon - according to how many your serving, but for two - 10 strips fried, 5 strips to each sandwich
2 eggs - fried, I do easy over, when I flip it,  I tap the yolk to bust it
1 tomato  - sliced
handful of fresh spinach
1 avocado - sliced
mayo

Put your sandwich together and there you go. 

Until next time, Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a twist! :-) I'll have to tweak the recipe, as I don't prefer to eat avocado....but the fried egg definitely has peaked my interest! :-)

    ReplyDelete