Monday, August 1, 2011

Momma's Birthday Celebration with My "3" Cheese Macaroni

We celebrated my Mom's birthday yesterday.  She is the most amazing woman, you would ever meet.  There's not just one word to describe her.  Talk about the whole package rolled up in one, that's her.  She's beautiful inside and out.  Her Haygood side of the family, all have beautiful skin with no wrinkles.  YEAH! I have those genes in me!  Glenda is the most amazing Christian woman, when you look in  her eyes, you know she is a child of God and her smile, lights up the room.  I could go on and on about my Momma, but one little story, then I'll get to the recipe.

When I was younger, having problems with the "ya ya", teenage girls, you remember theses days? I came home from school, my feelings had been hurt, I was just a fussing about how mean this girl had been to me.  She was like Robin, you can find something good in everyone, even if its their teeth are white.  Oh how I love my mom!  Even to this day, if I have a problem, I do not feel better until after I've talked to her.  Just something about her, that gives me an ease.  She's my rock and I'm so blessed to have her as my Mom.

Our lunch was yummy.  Ribs, fresh purple hull peas, bradley county sliced tomatoes, slaw, My "3" cheese macaroni and Bobo's chocolate cake (that I gave you  yesterday).  I was so full, I couldn't even eat dinner last night.

My "3" cheese macaroni:
1 - 16 ounce package elbow macaroni - boiled and drained
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 stick butter
1/2 pound Velveeta cheese, cut in cubes
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix cooked macaroni, butter and ricotta cheese, adding the Velveeta cheese.  Stir until all is melted.
Pour into 9x13 baking dish, add milk.  Cover with cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.  Cook for 30 minutes.


Sometime, I broil it on low just for a minute to brown the bread crumbs.

Stay sweet and be sweet!

1 comment:

  1. I'll definitely be trying this one soon!

    ReplyDelete