Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chicken & Rice Casserole

Chicken & Rice Casserole
Guys and Gals this is so easy, even a monkey could make it.  Funny story to tell you.  I was so tired when I got home yesterday.  I went to work at 5:30am till 2:30, ran to the grocery store, to stock up.  (Hey, my baby girl is coming for a visit, and we are going to stir up some delicious eats. So, get ready.)  Okay, let me get back on track.  I had mixed up the recipe, but needed to defrost the chicken in the microwave.  I started the defrost, and looked down, I had forgotten to put the chicken in there.  I had a little chuckle, put the chicken in, finished putting it together, then I plopped on the couch to watch Dr. Oz and Oprah.

This was one of my favorite meals as a child and one of Natalie's too. I usually serve it with green beans, but GiGi had given me a package of coleslaw.  I wanted to use it up before it went bad.

Chicken and Rice Casserole
1 cup rice
2 cups water
1 can cream of chicken soup or you can use cream of mushroom (Natalie doesn't like mushrooms)
1 package dry Lipton soup mix
Either 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast or 8 to 12 chicken tenders

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In 9x13 casserole dish, mix together rice, both soups, and water.  Stir to get the lumps out, then place your chicken on top.  Stick it in the oven for 1 hour and your done.  I used brown rice (trying to be a little healthier), so I had to bake it for 1 1/2 hours.  If your using white rice, bake 1 hour.

I can't have Natalie's long weekend recipes, without going down memory lane. She was so cute as child and grew up to be a BEAUTIFUL young woman inside and out.
Natalie
She loved her milk and cookies



Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Will definitely be trying this one!

    ReplyDelete