Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dorcas's Summertime Pasta Salad

Robin & Dorcas
First can I say, "Doesn't she look like Loni Anderson?"
Dorcas and Suzanne were my suite mate at Ouachita Baptist University, in Arkadelphia, AR. They made my first year of college an adventure I'll never forget.  Suzanne got us up every morning, singing some Mickey Mouse Club song.  Then at night, we got out our curling irons and brushes for a sing-a-long.  We could do a mean Ray Parker, Jr. and De Barge. One of our songs was "I Like It", went something like this:  I like the stylish clothes you wear, I like the way you comb your hair, its just the little things you do, that show me just how much you care, ooh  and I like it.  WOW I still remember after 20 something years. Great memories!


Robin - Dorcas - Suzanne

With our Babies

Dorcas is in Colorado now, and Natalie and I flew out there for a visit.  This is one of her delicious recipes she made us.  She might of used different vegetables, but its so simple you can use whatever you have in your refrigerator. I talked to Dorcas the other night on the phone, and she calls this recipe, "cleaning out your refrigerator". 

Dorcas's Summertime Pasta Salad
1 cup cooked pasta (any kind) I use orzo
1 zucchini, chopped in mini size
1 squash, chopped mini size
2 green onions, chopped
6 mini carrots, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
4 slices of salami, cut into mini size bites
1 tablespoon of Italian dressing
1 tablespoon of Ranch dressing
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese

Boil pasta and drain.  Cut all your vegetables and salami into mini size bites, and mix all together in mixing bowl.


Add both dressing, and stir.  Add your cheese on top and serve.

Dorcas and I still stay in touch, even after twenty something years, by email, facebook, and when we get on the phone, we both know, we'll be on there for hours catching up.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

2 comments:

  1. Robin, I am honored to have made your blog! I have always loved swapping recipes with you, and am so grateful we have remained friends all these years. You are a wonderful friend AND cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete