Thursday, August 4, 2011

Not So Much Weight Watcher's Mexican Chicken

I'm always trying new diets, none have worked so far.  Only because I change the recipes up.  ha!  My doctor told me that weight watchers is the best one to go on.  Get prepared, I think I might be getting closer to trying it.  I'm just out of control.  I love to use my imagination and make new creations with food.  Some might say its a food sickness, but my husband loves it. 

The funny about this one, I forgot to lay out the chicken from the freezer.  So, I called Steve to tell him to do it.  When I got home I had pork. It ended up tasting great.  You can use either one.

Not So Much Weight Watcher's Mexican Chicken:

4 - 1" pork boneless pork chops or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 onion sliced
1 orange pepper sliced
1 tablespoon cumin
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1- 15 ounce can of whole corn, drained
1- 15 ounce can black beans, drained
1- 16 ounce jar of salsa
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup shredded hot pepper jack cheese

Heat skillet with olive oil and add onions and peppers.  Saute until soft.  Mix with cheese and set to the side. 
Insert your knife in pork or chicken and make a pocket, 3" in length and about 1 1/2" deep.  Stuff the cheese, pepper and onion mixture inside the pocket.  Use toothpick to seal it together.  Place chops or chicken in the same skillet and sprinkle with the cumin seasoning.  Pour the drained cans of corn and black beans on top, adding the salsa next.  Sprinkle with cilantro and bake for one hour at 350 degrees for one hour, covered.


Steve took my picture.  Can you believe after only one week, my batteries died in my new camera?  I went yesterday and made sure I would have plenty of batteries for back up now.

Enjoy! 










Weight Watcher's version my friend Linda gave me:

4 chicken breast
1 - 15 ounce whole corn, drained
1 - 15 ounce black beans, drained
1 - 16 ounce salsa
1 - tablespoon cumin

In 9x13 casserole dish, place chicken and sprinkle with cumin.  Add corn, black beans and salsa; then bake at 350 degrees for one hour covered.

I know this one has less calories, but doesn't mine sound more YUMMY?

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet

1 comment:

  1. Oh my - Vaughan would love this! I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete