Thursday, November 17, 2011

American Hamburger

There's nothing like a good ole hamburger. I added a little twist of taste to this one. When I was trying to come up with an American recipe, I did a poll on my facebook page. It was between pot roast, meatloaf and hamburger; the burger won. I agree, if you go to any state in the US, there is usually a hamburger on the menu. Let's get to cooking my version of the good ole American Hamburger.


I love the spice thyme, but a little of it goes a long way, so don't use too much.

1.5 pounds hamburger meat, I used 80/20 on the fat content
1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
1 teaspoon salt and black pepper

Mix all together in a bowl.


And loosely form your hamburger; I like mine thick.




Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Heat your skillet and brown each side for about 4 to 5 minutes. My grandmother Gertrude had a diner when I was growing up; she had the best burgers I've ever had. She cooked her's in a skillet. I like to make sure my meat is all the way done, so after I brown each side; I put it in the oven covered for 30 minutes. There's been so many recalls on beef and turkey lately. I did a little research, if your meat is ground meat, you need to make sure its cooked all the way through.

Take the lid off and add American cheese slice to each, and cook until melted.

I also, like to butter my buns and toast them in the oven. You can either use mustard or mayo; I like mayo. Plus, you have to have sliced tomatoes, onions and I like to use fresh spinach; instead of lettuce. Just changes it up just a tad. Serve it with a dill pickle and you can't get anymore American than that. Enjoy, because this is the juiciest burger and the flavor of the thyme is just the right amount. Yum!


Come back tomorrow for Thanksgiving Grocery List.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment