Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Aunt Ruby's Pork & Rice



Aunt Ruby's Pork & Rice
(serves 2)
3 boneless pork chops
1 cup carrots,sliced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1 cup rice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Add two tablespoons oil to large skillet and on medium heat; brown both sides of your pork chops.

Slice carrots and mushrooms; chop onion.

Add to cooked pork chops, and cook for about 15 minutes.


Add your rice and two cups of water. Bring to a boil. Add seasonings and sauces. Turn to simmer, and cook with a lid on top for one hour.


Aunt Ruby was my great aunt. I really do not remember very much about her. I do remember her on the front porch of my Great Grandmother, Other Momma, in a rocking chair. She had a diner, from what I heard she was an awesome cook.  I know one thing, this recipe is so wonderful.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment