Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Butter Beans and Pork Chops

Tammy gave me a sack full of butter beans. It literally took me one and half hours to shell them. I actually had fun, and it gave me great memories of my grandmother Bobo. She was the canning queen, and I learned so much from her.


Butter Beans
If you don't have fresh butter beans, then buy 1 package frozen
1 tablespoon bacon grease
salt and pepper to your taste
water

Add butter beans, grease and seasoning, fill it with water; just enough to cover the beans. Bring to a boil; then cut it to medium to low heat. Cook until tender.

Smothered Pork Chops
3 boneless pork chops
1/4 cup flour
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Emerils seasoning

Heat oil in skillet, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix together your flour and seasoning; coating both sides of the chop. Add to skillet and brown each side; for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Stick in oven covered for 30 minutes.
After they have baked in oven, remove chop from your pan. On medium heat pour your remaining flour mixture and stir in with grease. Add two cups water and whisk together. Stir until thick; adding your chops back to it. Cook on simmer for about 5 more minutes; then serve.


Talk about a good ole harvest southern meal, YUM! I also, served my mashed turnips with this meal. Talk about getting your tummy full. I'm ready to go to bed now.


Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment