Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mandarin Orange Cake

My grandmother Bobo use to make this all the time. Its so lite and refreshing. Great for summer, but its my dad's 73rd birthday, and this is his favorite. We're headed to Star City to celebrate. I also made homemade chicken and dumplings, they are my specialty. That recipe comes tomorrow; you don't want to miss out.

I will admit, I'm not much on baking cakes. I'm good at sheet cakes, but I wanted to stack this one, to make it pretty. Plus the frosting is so delicious I wanted two layers of it. Well, mine is not that pretty, wish my Bobo was still here; hers were always beautiful. But I'm using her recipe and it taste scrumptious!



Mandarin Orange Cake
1 - 18.25 ounce package yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 - 11 ounce can mandarin orange (segments

Frosting
1 - 8 ounces Cool Whip
1 - 20 ounce can crushed pineapples with juice
1 - 3.5 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your cake pan. (you can do a sheet cake)

In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and mandarin oranges with juice.

Beat with mixer until smooth. Pour into cake pans, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Set to the side and let it cool.

In large bowl, beat together all the frosting ingredients. After cakes have cooled, gently lay one layer on cake plate.



Yea! That part turned out pretty and I didn't break it in half.  Ice the top, then add the other layer of cake on top.


Add the remaining icing on top and spread all over and down the sides. I have to say, I need to stick to sheet cakes; much easier and prettier for me.



This cake is so moist, it really does melt in your mouth.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment