Thursday, November 3, 2011

Robin's Grandma Pork Pie

I know you were thinking eggplant sticks today, but my daughter was sick; and I went down to take care of her for a few days. So you get a surprise. It's like going to grandma's house. I hope you enjoy.

Grandma's Pork Pie - Robin's version
2- 1 1/2" thick boneless pork chop, cooked
1 cup rice, cooked
1 1/2 cups frozen  mixed vegetables
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon Goya - Adobo seasoning
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese

Chop your pork into bite size pieces.

In large mixing bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients, except cheese; and pour into greased casserole dish. Top with cheese, and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


Oh my look at that ooey gooey cheese on top, and it just melts in your mouth. Paula Deen loves her butter, but Robin loves her cheese. Everything taste better with cheese.

I have to admit, I wasn't even planning on making this. I had cooked maybe 4 to 5 meals on Saturday morning. I had cooked rice thinking I would use it for my stuffed pepper; but came up with something different. Also, I had cooked a pork loin for a different recipe, but knew I only needed half of it. So I used 3 pieces for my smothered pork chops, and two for this.

My friend Kelly had brought me a frozen Grandma Chicken casserole one time when I was sick, it was pretty tasty. So, when I had all these leftovers, I decided to make my version. You can substitute two chicken breasts if you like.

We must of liked it, because its all gone.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment