Friday, February 10, 2012

Hungry Husband - I want to be a Skinny Wife Grocery List

Hungry Husband - I want to be a Skinny Wife Grocery List

The last two weeks have not helped my diet. So this week, I’m changing it up a bit. Some diet recipes and some for my hungry husband. I'll be honest; I've gained back everything I've lost. I’m starting back from ground zero. The good thing is I did go to the gym once this week and went 5 miles. I need to be going more. I'm not much on working out. Heck, I'm not much on dieting either, I love all my foods. ha! My foods have to have flavor and not taste diet. I have to say, I've come up with some tasty recipes. I hope you enjoy them.

Taco Casserole
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup pinto beans, drained (optional)
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 tablespoons cumin
1 cup chopped lettuce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Dill Salmon Patties
14 ounce can salmon, drained
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 juice of fresh lemon
2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
1 garlic clove minced
1 egg
1 teaspoon black pepper

Parmesan Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 fresh lemon juice

Tuna Lunch
5 ounce can tuna (I like white tuna in water), drained
1/4 cup whole corn, drained
1/4 cup chick peas, drained
1 tablespoons of raspberry vinaigrette

Mexican Flounder
4 flounder
Pam cooking spray
1 lime
cumin
coriander
salt
fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
Black beans & Corn
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
15 ounce black beans, drained
15 ounce whole corn
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper

Robin's Taco Soup
1.5 to 2 pounds deer burger or lean hamburger
28 ounce diced tomatoes
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons cumin
2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon crush red peppers
15 ounce black beans, drained
15 ounce red kidney beans
15 ounce great northern beans
15 ounce whole corn, drained
1/2 cup chopped cilantro

I didn’t realize I have three Mexican recipes in here. I guess if I have Mexican flavors, then it doesn’t taste like diet food to me.

Things to look forward to: Roast for Two on a budget (six recipes with one roast), and Veggie Lovers Week. Also, I’m adding quote for the day; plus 1500’s sayings and where they came from.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment