Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pinto Beans and Leftover Roast Beef

I figured out this week on groceries and everything I've cooked I spent less than $50. That's pretty thrifty. Actually, I got two more meals out of this. I used the leftover pinto beans for the Taco Casserole I gave you last week, and I've got another sandwich; which I will be using for sandwich week coming up "Adult Grill Cheese".  I'm proud of myself and giving myself a pat on the back. ha!

Pinto Beans and Leftover Roast Beef
1/2 pound dried pinto beans, soaked over night
leftover roast beef and vegetables
2 jalapeno peppers, chopped

Cut up your roast beef into chunks; mixing with other ingredients. Pour into crock pot and cook on low heat for 8 hours.

Quote of the day:

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." - Satchel Page

I think that's one of my favorite ones this week.

Come back for your grocery list we're either having sandwich week or veggie lovers week. We also, have "Luck of the Irish" week coming up soon.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment