Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Diet Cabbage Rolls

I will admit, these were okay, but I like my cabbage rolls better or maybe I just needed to spice them up a bit. Actually, why don't you add 1 teaspoon of Chinese 5-spice and that would give it the kick it needs.

Diet Cabbage Rolls
6 to 8 cabbage leaves
1/4 cups chopped leek
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
1/2 pound lean beef
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 egg
2 cups low-sodium beef broth

In large pot, cook cabbage in boiling water  until soft. Drain water off and let them cool.

In skillet brown your hamburger meat; then drain off the grease. Add ginger, leeks, and garlic cooking for about 15 minutes to let the flavors marry; stir in egg.

Place meat mixture in the middle of your cabbage leaf.


Fold the two opposite sides of the leaf  over the filling and roll up tightly. Place back in the same skillet; adding the beef broth and simmer for 20 minutes.


Ya'll I really went overboard on my cheating this weekend. I was in the kitchen making Super Bowl Sliders for next week and Sinful Brownies for Valentine's week. Boy, are they sinfully delicious and fattening. Only thing I can do is jump back on the saddle and start over. Plus, remember portion control when I do cheat. I hope everyone is having a great week.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment