Sunday, January 8, 2012

Potato Soup

Potato Soup
8 potatoes
2 leeks
1 stick butter
1/2 chopped onion
1 cup chicken broth, sodium free
2 1/2 cup 2 percent milk
1 cup sodium free bacon, about 5 strips fried and crumbled
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon black pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese

Wash and cut your potatoes, with skin on. Put in boiling water until tender.
Fry your bacon and add sliced leeks and onions. Pour off water from potatoes and add your crumbled bacon, leeks, and onions. Pour in milk, chicken broth, butter and salt and pepper.
Cook for one hour on simmer, so the flavors can marry; then stir in your cheese.

I know I'm suppose to be on a diet, but I did use low sodium products and 2% milk. Besides, I have to  have a cheat day.

When Natalie was younger, we had Sunday soup days, every Sunday we had a different soup. We loved it, might have to start that back up and let my soup be my cheat day. Or really, if you just do not make a hog out of yourself and use portion control, you can eat about anything you want with the except of sweets. Ah now I've mentioned sweets and I've got to come up with a diet dessert.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment