Thursday, January 19, 2012

Rosemary Chicken and Veggies

Have ya'll notice how expensive meat is now? Going to the store will break you these days. I decided to use chicken tenders, just because I saved $5.00 on this recipe. This is a great easy recipe, and you can use any vegetables you have in your refrigerator. That's the beauty of this recipe, change it up to your favorites.

Rosemary Chicken and Veggies
1 package chicken tenders, about 8 or 10
5 small potatoes, sliced thin
1/2 onion, sliced thin
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 cups broccoli
2 cups cauliflower
2 garlic cloves, minced
olive oil
salt and black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
2 teaspoons Italian season

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place chicken and vegetables on a large cooking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and add seasonings. Toss together with your clean hands. Cover in foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours.


I know potatoes are not suppose to be on my diet, but I had to add something in there for Steve, so he would eat it. ha! So far I  lost 7 pounds. I'm joining the gym and going to start walking. I will be the first to admit, I'm not an exercise type person, but I'm determined to loose weight. Surely, if I eat healthy and walk; I can get some of this fat off. ha! Now look ya'll, I don't want to get too skinny or my wrinkles will start showing. Right now I do not have any, the fat plumps them out for me. hee hee

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment