Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mexican Crock Pot Chicken Bow

I heard yesterday on the news; that the "Dash Diet" is the number one diet right now. I'll have to do some research and get back to you on that one. On a good note, I've lost 6 pounds - YIPPIEE!!

Mexican Chicken Bow
4 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
14.4 ounce Rotel
15 ounce black beans, drained
15 ounce whole corn, drained
14.4 ounce low sodium chicken broth
3 green onions, chopped for garnish
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
1 cup brown rice, cooked

Dump all in the crock pot, with the exception of rice, green onion, and cilantro. Cook on low heat for 8 hours. Come home make your rice, and chop up your onions and cilantro. I know my picture doesn't have the onions or cilantro in it, for some reason, I didn't get a picture, but it adds that special touch you need to this meal.

Who said you couldn't have Mexican while your trying to count your calories. This serving is right under 200 calories and tasty. I'm learning you can use spices to give your diet meals a kick, so you can enjoy eating it.

One more thing - I have to give my friend Scott and Kelly Johnson a huge thank you, they advertised my blog on their montly news letter. If you live in the Little Rock, AR area they are your realtors. The best of the best - the Cream of the crop.


Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment