Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Leftover Beef and Chicken Stir Fry

Leftover Beef and Chicken Stir Fry
2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 cooked chicken breast or leftover chicken wrap with cabbage mixture, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 pound lean beef, browned and drained  or 2 leftover cabbage rolls
1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup chopped carrots
1 tablespoon cumin
1/2 medium onion, chopped; if your not using the leftover chicken wrap mixture

In large skillet, heat broth over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and broccoli for about 5 minutes or until soft. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir in cumin. Cook for about 15 minutes and serve.

This was yummy and so easy with my leftovers. I got tickled, it was a Mexican stir fry; you could exchange the cumin and use Chinese 5-spice if you wanted to make it a Chinese stir fry.

I lost a pound from the 4 I gained back. YEA! I was going to start the gym this week, but my Aunt went into the hospital. She's out now, but wants some of my chicken and dumplings. I did good, I only tasted the dumplings to see if they were done. Do you know how hard that was to pass up? I ate my flounder fish and vegetables instead.

OH...we switched cable company and the guy who installed it, told me he's lost 55 pounds in 6 to 9 weeks. His trick was to eat raw pumpkin seeds. Says, it gives him energy and keeps him full. Of course I went out and bought some yesterday. I'll let you know how that goes. I think that's my problem, I want something to snack on.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment