Friday, January 6, 2012

Grocery List - Diet Week and soup Sunday

I've been doing good this week. I started out Monday January 2nd. For breakfast I have fruit or a cup of oatmeal, lunch fruit and 1/2 turkey sandwich; with just turkey, lettuce and a little mustard. I've also, been trying to drink lots of water. I've just lost a couple of pounds, but that's a start. Plus, I've come down with pneumonia, on meds and thank goodness, I had already cooked up this next weeks food. I might have to throw in a non-diet surprise. Natalie is still on her college break and has been the best nurse; plus has been cooking for me. What a delight that has been.

I hope you enjoy this weeks recipes, let me tell you I was so ready for the potato soup.

Grocery List - Diet Week
Skinny Fried Steaks w/Mushroom Gravy

cube steaks
Pam spray
1 pkg mushrooms - sliced
1/4 cup flour
Pioneer Fat Free Gravy mix (the dry package)
1 cup water
1 cup milk
garnish with green onions
 
Robin's Salad
1 green apple, chopped in bite size pieces
1 cup green seedless grapes, sliced in half
1 cup chopped walnuts
4 cups fresh spinach
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup chopped purple onion
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup sugar free apricot jam
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil
 
Mexican Chicken Bow
l4 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
14.4 ounce Rotel
15 ounce black beans, drained
15 ounce whole corn, drained
14.4 ounce low sodium chicken broth
3 green onions, chopped for garnish
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
1 cup brown rice, cooked
 
Orange Chicken
1 orange, juice only
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon coriander
4 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
1 bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 small can of crushed pineapples, drained
1 cup brown rice, cooked
 
Veggie Slaw
2 cups chopped cabbage
2 cups chopped cauliflower
2 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup carrot sticks
1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1/4 cup fat free Miracle Whip
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
 
Potato Soup
8 potatoes
2 leeks
1 stick butter (I can't believe its not butter)
1/2 chopped onion
1 cup chicken broth, sodium free
2 1/2 cup 2 percent milk
1 cup bacon, about 5 strips fried and crumbled (microwave brand - avoids the grease)
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon black pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese (low fat or laughing cow)

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment