Monday, January 30, 2012

Meatball Slider

These are fabulous!

Meatball Slider's
1/2  pound hamburger meat
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup onion
1 egg
14.5 ounce tomatoes
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon oregano
1//4 cup vodka
2 slices of bread
rolls

Sauce:
14.5  ounce crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon of my pesto from the chicken pesto slider (optional)
1/4  cup finely minced onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 cup vodka


I bought diced tomatoes, but wanted crushed. So, after I had heated all the ingredients above; I ran it through the food processor.

Mix all together in sauce pan and let the flavors marry while your making your meatballs.

Meatballs:
hamburger meat
1 garlic clove minced
1/4 cup minced onions
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt and 1 black pepper
2 slices of bread crumbs
1 tablespoon oregano


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all together. Heat skillet to medium  heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Form your burger mixture into 1" balls and put in skillet. Just long enough to brown both sides. Then place in oven for 30 minutes.

This makes 12 to 14 meatballs or sliders.

Butter your roll and broil until toasted. Then add your meatball and cover it with your sauce. These were quiet the hit with Steve.

I made the McDonald's style sliders at the same time and after I got my meatballs out; I added my McDonald's burgers.

I hope your team wins.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment