Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dill Tuna and Pickled Cucumber Salad

When I'm trying to loose weight, I want a crunch and a good taste. This dill tuna is just the right trick for me. It has the crunch of the celery and carrots; plus the dill gives it just the right amount of punch flavor. Cucumber salad, is just an all time favorite of mine, and Natalie wanted me to make her some to take back to college.


Dill Tuna
12 ounce white tuna, packed in water - drained
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
3 celery sticks, finely chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons fat free mayo
1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
1 teaspoon black pepper

I used my mini chopper to chop up my vegetables, but you can just chop them very fine.

Mix all together.

You can either serve it in a pita pocket, or over spinach or lettuce. I served it with my pickled cucumber salad.


Cucumber Salad
1 cucumber sliced thin
1/4 of sliced onion
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 packets of stevia
2 cups water


Just slice and mix all together. Put your lid on tight, and give it a good shake. Refrigerate over  night and your done. This will last a few months in the refrigerator. Great for a snack or as a side item with your meal.
I had to show off my new measuring cups Steve got me for Christmas, aren't they so cute.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment