Friday, January 20, 2012

Grocery List - More Diet Recipes

I must of gone crazy over cabbage this past week, because its in about every recipe. So, I'll call this week the "Cabbage Diet". I'm still stuck at only loosing 6 pounds. I've had a few cheat days. Well...it was my sister's 50th birthday and I had to eat my mom's cooking. Also, on my late work night, I came home and Steve had fried chicken wings and cheese dip. My first reaction was THAT'S NOT ON MY DIET, but I held my tongue and thanked him for cooking dinner for me. I've gained 1 pound back, but I'm on a mission here. I'm drinking anywhere from 90 to 120 ounces of water a day; plus trying to eat healthy.


Next week my blog is off the diet. We have Super bowl coming up and I have Super Bowl Sliders. A different kind everyday, so you'll have some recipes for your guest. The day I make them will have to be my cheat day. But don't worry I'm still going to be on my diet.


This week, my favorite recipe is the Tuna Steaks with green sauce, it's a must try. Some of the other recipes are from the Fat Flush Diet book, but I have to admit, I might of put a twist to it and changed it up on a few.


Apple Salad
1 apple - red would make it more colorful, but I used a granny smith (its what I had at the house)
3 celery sticks
6 ounce lite vanilla yogurt
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg spice

Tuna Steaks with Green Sauce and Cannellini Puree
2 tuna steaks
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Green Sauce: (I got this from the Mediterranean Diet)
1/4 cup walnuts
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 cup fresh basil
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup less sodium chicken broth
Cannellini Bean Puree:
15.5 ounce can cannellini beans
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 green onion, chopped

·         CABBAGE SOUP:  My version, but I will give you theirs to.
·         6 large green onions (also called “spring” onions)
·         1 green peppers
·         1- 28 ounce can of tomatoes (diced or whole)
·         3 carrots
·         1 container (10 oz. or so) mushrooms
·         1 bunch of celery
·         half a head of cabbage
·         3 cups low sodium beef broth
·         4 cups water
·         1 ½ pounds lean burger or turkey – I used deer meat
·         1 teaspoon white pepper or you could use black pepper

 Leftovers Beef and Chicken Stir-fry
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 medium onion
1 chicken breast or leftover from the chicken wrap w/the cabbage to
½ pound lean beef or leftover from the cabbage roll - I used two of them
½ cup water chestnuts
2 cups broccoli florets
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
Lime Chicken
1 garlic clove
½ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon coriander
2 chicken breast, skinless and boneless

Chicken Wraps or Salad
2 chicken breast, skinless and boneless
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon cayenne
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
½ cup no-salt chicken broth
1/8 teaspoon stevia
1 jalapeno
3 green onions
1 green pepper
1 carrot
4 cups cabbage
1 cup cilantro
1 tablespoon flax seed ground
1 juice of lime
Romaine lettuce leaves

Stuffed Cabbage
8 large cabbage leaves
¼ cup leek
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
½ ground lean beef – I used deer meat
2 garlic cloves
1 egg
2 cups low sodium beef broth

I hope everyone is having a great week. I hope you like cabbage.


Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment