Friday, September 30, 2011

Anniversary Weekend and Steve's Favorites Grocery List


Hi everyone. This is a special weekend for Steve and I, we're celebrating our 2nd anniversary. I'm so excited, he's taking me out for dinner one night, and I'm going to be cooking up some of his favorite foods. Plus I do have a few surprises. I have to admit I've never made mushroom risotto, and its one of my favorites. So, this should be interesting. Hopefully I can perfect it, like I did my chicken and dumplings. By the way, I need to give you that recipe some time. They are my specialty, and talk about impressing your man.

Let's get to the grocery list:

Chicken Spaghetti
3 chicken breast
6 chicken thighs
1/2 stick of butter
Save your chicken broth, when you boil your chicken
1 tablespoon kosher salt
8 ounce mushrooms, sliced
3 celery sticks, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3 tablespoon olive oil
2.25 ounce sliced black olives
10 ounce Rotel
7 ounce spaghetti noodles
1 pound Velveeta, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Calf Liver and Veggies
1 package calf liver (4 slices) - I find it in the frozen section of the grocery store
1/2 onion, sliced
8 ounces of sliced fresh mushrooms
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup milk
8 ounces frozen green beans
6 ounces frozen green peas
1 pint heavy cream
1/2 cup flour
4 strips bacon
1 1/2 teaspoon of Paula Deen's seasoning (garlic, salt, & pepper)
2 tablespoons olive oil

French Toast with a Twist
French bread
2 bananas
fresh strawberries
peanut butter
milk
egg
powdered sugar
cocoa
sugar
flour
butter

Steak and Mushroom Risotto
2 steaks
mushrooms
onion
butter
rice
dry white wine
chicken broth
Parmesan cheese
heavy cream
salt
white pepper

Brownie Surprise
1 box brownie mix
cream cheese
Eagle bran milk
maybe caramel sauce or Hersey syrup
egg
oil
(I haven't tried this recipe out, so you can try it with me)


You know I'll be adding some Robinism's in here about love and marriage.

Come back and help Steve and I  celebrate our anniversary weekend.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment