Thursday, September 29, 2011

Old Fashion Breakfast

There is nothing easier than cooking breakfast for dinner. Especially, when its been a long day at work, and you need some quick and easy.  I have to say I've added cheese grits, you can mix them up the night before.

On our way to Big Cedar, we stopped at Coursey's and picked up some smoked bacon. It's about fifteen minutes before you get to Harrison, AR. My oh my, was that the best bacon, I've ever had.


Coursey's Smoked Bacon

Old Fashion Breakfast: Bacon, Eggs, Cheese Grits, Biscuits and Gravy
Bacon
Eggs, fried
1 can biscuits, cooked as directed on can
3 tablespoons flour
salt and pepper
2 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste

Cheese Grits
1 cup instant grits
16 ounce Velveeta cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup heavy cream or milk

Do you remember the Kraft garlic cheese roll? Boy, do I wish they would put that back on the market. I had so many different recipes I used that for. But...I've come up with my own, check it out below.

Cook instant grits as directed on box. In microwave and oven safe dish, cube Velveeta cheese, and melt in microwave for 2 minutes. Add garlic, butter, milk and stir. Stir in grits, adding 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Or store in refrigerator, until the next night to cook.

Fry bacon.


After you have fried your bacon and eggs, pour grease in coffee cup. (Leave about 2 tablespoons of oil in pan). I like to save my bacon drippings, you can use it for so many things, when cooking. (You'll need this for my gumbo recipe coming up soon)

On medium heat, add 3 tablespoons of flour and stir. Kind of like making a paste.
Stir in 2 cups milk, and stir until thicken. Stir in 1 tablespoon of salt and pepper.  I do not like lumpy gravy. It might take a little time, but don't rush it.


Talk about hitting the spot. I actually fell asleep watching Big Brother, after eating this. Yes, I'm addicted to reality TV. Steve makes fun of me all the time. ha!

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

1 comment:

  1. This is making me want some breakfast food!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete