Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pecan Crusted Flounder


Pecan Crusted Flounder

1 slice white bread
4 tablespoons pecans
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning - Slap Ya Mama
3 pieces of flounder
2 tablespoons mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
1/2 lemon, juice



This is so easy, and you really can use any fish you want to.

In food processor, add pecans, hit the switch and chop, add bread and chop some more, until it resembles crumbs.


Pour into a dish, and mix Cajun seasoning. Set aside. Spray your oven safe dish with Pam cooking spray.

In coffee cup mix your Miracle Whip and half of a lemon juice. Brush on the top of your fish. Add your pecan  on top of fish, patting it down a little.


Cook at 350 degrees for about fifteen minutes and serve. I love to squeeze a little extra lemon juice on top of mine. If you wanted it to be low calories; use lite mayo and multi grain bread.

For those that do not know me, my maiden name is "Fish". I had the nick names. Still to this day, some of my hometown friends, call me Fish. My pledge name in college was "Barracuda Fish".

When I married the first time, I married another animal name. Finally after 44 years, I got out of the animal kingdom of names, and became a Carlisle. To tell you the truth, I loved the name Fish and still do. I kept my maiden name as my middle name. When I'm at the store, and they look at my ID, they see Robin Fish Carlisle. Talk about some looks. One even asked me if that was my Indian name or something. I replied, no its just my name. Another funny; I got pulled over for speeding one morning (yes I sometimes have a heavy foot, but I've been working on that), the police officer asked me the same thing, "Is that your Indian name?" I wanted to reply, yes and if you give me a ticket I'm going to scalp you bald-headed. Trust me, I'm not that stupid, I just took the ticket.

P.S. I have not had a speeding ticket in over 4 years. WOO HOO!

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment