Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Salmon Patties and Fried Eggplant

Salmon Patties with Fried Eggplant


I know you guys are use to crab cakes and fried green tomatoes, but you have to try this remix with salmon and eggplant.? I had to use my eggplant, from my garden. I love going out to my garden, picking my vegetables; then coming back in to cook. Yea, you guessed it, doesn't take much to excite me. I'm just a simple country girl. I might live in the city, but you can never take the Star City-living in the country out of me.

I know this has a lot of ingredients, but sometimes it worth it.

Salmon Patties and Fried Eggplant
Eggplant:
1 eggplant
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt and pepper

Salmon Patty:
1-14.75 ounce can salmon
1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped mini
1/4 cup onion, chopped mini
1 celery stick, chopped mini
1 egg
1/4 cup Miracle Whip
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon Cajun season

Sauce:
1/2 cup Miracle Whip
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
4 dashes of hot sauce
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 tablespoon minced orange pepper
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 juice of a lemon

Cut all vegetables.


Heat skillet on medium heat with 1/2 cup vegetable oil. In bowl stir both eggs with a fork, and set aside. In bowl mix together flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper. Slice eggplant. Dip eggplant in egg wash; then  flour mixture. Put in skillet and brown both sides. This only takes a couple of minutes on each side.


Place fried eggplant on dish with paper towel, and set aside.

In large mixing bowl, drain salmon, and with fork mash to break it up. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Add 1/2 cup of vegetable oil to skillet, and put on medium heat. Form salmon patties, and brown both sides.



Mix all the ingredients for sauce together. Lay one eggplant slice, adding salmon patty, top with another eggplant slice, and drizzle with sauce. I like to cut up lemon wedges, and squeeze a little on top to.


Simple and delicious.

Tomorrow's One Skillet or Pot  Shrimp is so easy. Come back and check it out.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment