Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sausage and Wild Rice


This is Millie's mom's recipe. Millie and I go way back. She was my first neighbor as an adult. When Natalie was a toddler, she got into my lingerie drawer. Millie called to tell me, my child had strung out all my lingerie in my front yard. I don't know who else saw it, but I sure did go out there quickly to pick everything up. Millie and I have had some good times over the years. I'm sure I'll be sharing more stories later. The picture is of us, when we went to a Christmas function MTM.



Sausage & Wild Rice

1 lb. hot pork sausage
1 pkg. Long grain wild rice mix (Riceland or Uncle Ben’s)
1 rib celery diced small
2 oz diced pimentos
4 oz mushrooms sliced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of mushroom

Brown sausage with celery and let drain well.

Cook rice according to package. After rice and sausage are done mix everything together and cook in 2 ½ quart casserole for 30 minutes at 325.


This is scrumptious! So easy and quick.  I'll be saving this one for sure. Thank you Millie for sharing it with us.


Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

1 comment: