Saturday, September 10, 2011

Barbecue Shrimp and Black Rice

This is the start of "Fish Bites" week. I absolutely love seafood. Maybe because I have Fish in my name. I also love the water, and want to retire on the lake. I've had it planned for years, and I mean years. My little place on the lake will have a vegetable garden on one side, flower garden on the other, and  fruit trees in the front. I'll can my vegetables and fruit, and fish in the summer.Then eat on it during the winter. Sounds wonderful doesn't it? Too bad I'm far away from retiring.  Enjoy "Fish Bites" week, here's your first recipe.



Barbecue Shrimp and Black Rice

1 pound precooked shrimp, remove tails
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
4 bacon, cooked and crumbled

1 cup black rice, cooked as directed
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon butter

Place shrimp, barbecue sauce, and basil in grill pan. Grill for about 7 to 10 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink. Or you can saute it in a skillet, on top of your stove top.


Cook rice as directed. Mix milk and sugar together and pour over rice, adding butter. Stir.

Place your shrimp over rice, and top with bacon.

This recipe is so easy and delicious. You can use any kind of rice you like. I've done it with brown rice before, and didn't add the milk, sugar mixture. I just love black rice. I had it one time at a restaurant, and fell in love with the taste. Usually have to find it in a specialty grocery store. (Whole Foods)

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment