Saturday, September 24, 2011

Big Cedar Lodge Trip

Big Cedar Show and Tell

 
Scott and Kelly came over for dinner one night, One Skillet Shrimp. We got to talking about places we've never been, and came up with the idea of traveling to a different state, once a year. Our first trip was last weekend to Ridgedale, Missouri.

We went to  Big Cedar Lodge for the weekend. If you've never been, its a must. You will love it. They have four restaurants on sight, gift store, marina, spa, and so much more. Its right on Tablerock lake, and is a beautiful sight. Waterfalls every where. We stayed in a two bedroom log cabin. Wild stuffed animals everywhere and very rustic. They have added more pools, so now I think they are up to five pools and hot tubs. It ended up raining, so we never got to got to use them. But believe me, we had fun. Here's a few pictures.


Gift Shop


Here's a few pictures of our cabin.





Kelly has been my longest friend since I moved to Little Rock, AR. We stayed up way too late the first night talking and solving all the worlds problems. We laughed till we cried. I had a few Robinism's. I was telling her how I make my cornbread dressing and said, "I don't use that Jiffy Lube stuff. I use the real cornbread mix." We laughed so hard.  Its good for the soul to get away for a few days, with good friends and good laughs.


Kelly

Our new friend Fred, the skunk


He just hopped around. We even gave him bread, trying to get him to come closer for the picture. Thank goodness we didn't get sprayed.


Our turtle friends, Barney and Betty
The first night, we went to the Buzzard's Bar for dinner. One of my favorite things to eat there is their smoke trout. They were out. So, Steve and I split a meat lovers pizza, it was good. Cooked in a brick oven. Scott had plate full of chicken fried steak, and I mean it was as big as the plate. Kelly had the french dip, and it was to die for. Smoked meat, smoky cheese, on a hoggie roll, and the dipping sauce. I have to say, she had the favorite dish of the night.
Steve & Robin

Kelly & Scott


We had an awesome time. I was having so much fun, I forgot to take pictures of the food.

The next day, we woke up to a thunderstorm, but that didn't stop us. We decided to go into Branson, Missouri, hit the outlet mall, and eat at Joe's Crab Shack. I ended up, getting some bargains, and did a little Christmas shopping. I'm not a big shopper, but for some reason you can take me to an outlet mall, and I turn into a different person. Steve kept telling me I had ten more minutes, but then I would go into another store. hee hee

I have always wanted to eat at Joe's Crab Shack, one of my favorite foods is CRAB! It was a fun place to go and wait till you see the food pictures. Steve and I got the double order of Joe's Steam Bucket. Kelly had the Cajun Steam Bucket, and Scott wanted a hamburger. I'm a pro at cracking my crab legs and getting the meat out. Kelly showed us a few tricks of her own, on how to crack them. They gave us bibs and named each of us. Kelly - Crabby Diva, Me - Crabby Queen, and Steve - Crabby King. We got a kick out of that. The waitresses and waiters even did a line dance, they do it every hour. Our waitress told us that's how they keep them in shape.













I guess we need to get a map out, blind fold one of us,( like pin the tail on the donkey), pin the tail on the state, and figure out our next visit.

Tomorrow we're having Sunday Pot Roast, and trust me it's not just your average pot roast.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

1 comment: